httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: APLOG_NOERRNO useless
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 15:56:54 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkrantz@apache.org> writes:

> On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 11:37:26AM -0400, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> > I wouldn't remove APLOG_NOERRNO within the same release.  Most MMN
> > bumps don't require a source code change for any particular module.
> > I don't see a compelling reason to make modules remove the symbol from
> > their code until there is a new level of Apache where it is understood
> > that modules will have to be seriously revisited.
>
> But, we should remove it from all of our core modules when we change
> it.

You bet...  I just didn't want to unnecessarly break 3rd-party
modules.  For binary-only modules it might not matter much but for
open source modules this isn't important enough to force them to make
a new release.

> Oh, +1 for removing it.  I spent way too much time last night adding
> APLOG_NOERRNO to a bunch of places.  Why didn't you suggest this LAST
> night?  *sigh*  -- justin

I had worked through one ssl module and didn't use APLOG_NOERRNO
myself...  I didn't expect that the elves would come in overnight and
take care of everything.

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...