httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS
Date Fri, 31 May 2002 11:42:37 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkrantz@apache.org> writes:

> On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 08:20:30PM -0000, trawick@apache.org wrote:
> >   +      2) edit the path to LIBTOOL in config_vars.mk to reflect the
> >   +         place where it was actually installed
>
> In this case, I think it would be best if it used apr-config's
> --apr-libtool option.
>
> % /pkg/httpd-2.0/bin/apr-config --apr-libtool
> /bin/sh /pkg/httpd-2.0/build/libtool
> % srclib/apr/apr-config --apr-libtool
> /bin/sh /home/jerenkrantz/cvs-apache/build/prefork/srclib/apr/libtool
>
> This might be better than relying on config_vars.mk.  -- justin

agreed, assuming it is practical

Note that the makefile template generated from "apxs -g" uses the
normal Apache build files rules.mk et al, so I'm not sure how
practical it is to do such heavy patching in install-bindist.sh.

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...