httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <>
Subject Re: APLOG_NOERRNO useless
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 15:37:26 GMT
Brian Pane <> writes:

> My vote presumes, by the way, that the removal is really
> a backward-compatible deprecation:
>   * re#define APLOG_NOERRNO to zero for source compatibility
>   * mask out the bit that used to be APLOG_NOERRNO within
>     ap_log_*error() for binary compatibility, unless other
>     changes force an MMN major increment in the same release.

I wouldn't remove APLOG_NOERRNO within the same release.  Most MMN
bumps don't require a source code change for any particular module.
I don't see a compelling reason to make modules remove the symbol from
their code until there is a new level of Apache where it is understood
that modules will have to be seriously revisited.

Jeff Trawick |
Born in Roswell... married an alien...

View raw message