httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: APLOG_NOERRNO useless
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 15:08:39 GMT
Aaron Bannert <aaron@clove.org> writes:

> On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 06:38:14AM -0400, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> > We never do anything with errno in our logging functions.
> > No sleep would be lost here over that feature.
>
> I tend to agree that the feature is useless (an artifact of the old
> logging interface, as you point out), but at this point I think it might
> cause something between an annoyance and a PITA to module authors if we
> get rid of it now.

I'd recommend that we keep the constant for now so that everybody's
code compiles, document it as useless and deprecated, stop using it in
our code so we don't set a bad example, and remove it with the next
big API change (2.1?).

It rubs me the wrong way to see it in our code when it doesn't do
anything useful.

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...