httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: Is Apache Proxy Half-Duplex?
Date Fri, 24 May 2002 18:36:05 GMT
Ben Laurie <ben@algroup.co.uk> writes:

> Seems to me that you really want a apr_poll equivalent that works on
> bucket brigades - that would make this clean, and could be quite
> elegant (IMO).

What seems useful (to me) is for apr_poll() to operate on a generic
I/O handle (instead of apr_socket_t) and for the APR app to be able to
retrieve the generic I/O handle from an APR socket or pipe or
whatever.  The bucket code could then be able to return a generic I/O
handle corresponding to a bucket (extend it for brigades as well).

(For some bucket types (e.g., heap) perhaps they always appear
readable, or perhaps trying to retrieve the handle indicates that the
operation is inappropriat.)

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...