httpd-dev mailing list archives

From di...@covalent.net
Subject Re: mod_auth_referer
Date Fri, 03 May 2002 12:25:42 GMT

On Fri, 3 May 2002, Rose, Billy wrote:

> Here is my initial beta release of the mod_auth_referer module. I'll be
> hosting it on my site soon as a 3rd party module. Any comments are welcome.

Some comments:

-	You may want to use ap_set_flag_slot and XtOffsetOf to reduce some code.

-	You may want to use the flags/status which triggers an
	ErrorDocument rather than compare with your site specific
  	/error/ URI.

-	You may want to allow non-authoritative fall through to other
	auth handlers.

-	You may want to use the 'require' lines to actually specify
	what referes are required where.

-	Or generalize this and allow any regex() on any header :-)

Dw