httpd-dev mailing list archives

From di...@covalent.net
Subject RE: ab.c versionining was Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/support ab.c
Date Wed, 01 May 2002 15:54:49 GMT

> Personally I just don't see what the big deal is.  People like having ab

:-) :-) - I think that all that happened was that the #define in the 1.3
version unintentionally got translated during the 2.0 move to the
BASE_SERVER version; not realizing it had intentioanlly its own
version number distinct from the web server.

But seriously - the longer I think about this - the more worried I get -
we really no longer have just a simple apache version number - but this
number either implies a certain version of APR - or if it was build by the
user - a certain version of APR it is build against.

Would it be that we need to put that APR version also in places like Error
Log or on the -V command line ? As to help people file more meaning ful
bug reports ?

Dw.