httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 19:53:54 GMT
On Thu, 23 May 2002, Brian Pane wrote:

> I don't think we're ready.  The worker MPM deadlocks under load, and as
> far as I know there's no patch yet that fully solves the problem.

That's why there's a wide gap in there time-frame-wise.  We don't *have*
to tag on Saturday, but I'd like us to at least have that in mind as a
goal.  There's enough stuff that has been fixed that we need to get out
there, so we need to just do what we can on the rest.  By the time it
comes out, we'll be pushing a month since 2.0.36 was released, and once
again we're getting to that point where we spend more time closing
duplicate bug reports than fixing new bugs.  I'd ask everyone that can to
help focus on the worker issues so we can get them resolved at least
pseudo-satisfactorily soon.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com