httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: make certificate TYPE=custom? (fwd)
Date Mon, 20 May 2002 01:08:50 GMT

Just passing on a user sentiment.  Not acked.

--Cliff

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 20:37:44 -0400
From: MegaZone <megazone@megazone.org>
To: modssl-users@modssl.org
Subject: Re: make certificate TYPE=custom?

Once upon a time Cliff Woolley shaped the electrons to say...
> IIRC, the official consensus on the httpd dev list was that will NOT
> support make certificate in Apache 2.x at all, with the reasoning that

That's incredibly lame.

> test certificates just tend to confuse people who don't know what they're
> doing.  Granted, there is a documentation bug which still indicates that

So it penalizes people who know what they are doing by making things
more difficult...

> I'm not saying I personally agree with the dropping of make certificate,
> but it was the group's decision, not mine.  And I suppose I see the

Caving in to ignorance is rarely a good decision.

-MZ, CISSP #3762, RHCE #806199299900541
--
<URL:mailto:megazone@megazone.org> Gweep, Discordian, Author, Engineer, me..
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 781-788-0130