httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: [Patch] Add check for valid file to htpasswd
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 16:02:30 GMT
On Thu, 16 May 2002, Thom May wrote:

> As the topic. My ultimate (ie, next week) aim is to apr-ise htpasswd fully,
> unless there is a reason this wasn't done originally?

Haven't had a chance to extensively look at this, but two quick comments:
no tabs please, and yes htpasswd should be APRized.  It hasn't been done
because nobody got around to it.  Actually Mladen Turk had a big patch for
this purpose, but it was rather more extensive than some of us thought was
necessary and never got committed.  If you can find that and trim it down
a bit, I bet that would be a step in the right direction.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA