httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: SSL + POST + renegotiation
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 19:12:48 GMT
On Wed, 8 May 2002, Nathan Friess wrote:

> A few questions that I have:
> 1) can I just copy the 'buckets' or 'brigade' that ap_get_client_block()
> uses?  Where would I find info on how these buckets work?

http://apr.apache.org/docs/apr-util/ under Bucket Brigades, which is a
formatted version of the documentation in apr_buckets.h in
httpd-2.0/srclib/apr-util/include/.  In general I think this should be
accomplishable with buckets rather than passing buffers around, though
admittedly I haven't looked closely at it yet.

> 2) where can I get info on coding standards, or other direction for
> developers of httpd? (like I put my name near all the places that I changed
> to make it apparent, is that standard?)

We put that sort of commentary in the commit log rather than in the code.
We try to avoid both static buffers and malloc/realloc/free wherever
possible, using pools instead.  We have relatively well-defined style
guidelines.  See http://httpd.apache.org/dev/styleguide.html and
http://httpd.apache.org/dev/patches.html .

> 3) if this solution proves useful, how would I get it into mainstream
> sources?

After review, if one of the committers approves it, that person will
commit it to the tree.

Thanks,
Cliff

   Cliff Woolley