httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/include ap_mmn.h
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 09:14:31 GMT
On 6 May 2002 jerenkrantz@apache.org wrote:

> jerenkrantz    02/05/06 01:21:10
>
>   Modified:    include  ap_mmn.h
>   Log:
>   Removing a field in a core structure (r->boundary) merits a MMN bump,
>   unfortunately.  They got 2 GAs out of the old MMN.
>
>   Reviewed by:	Cliff Woolley

If people end up objecting to this (I'm sure they will :-P), we *could*
just leave a dummy field in the middle of the request_rec.  It seems
awfully silly to me to start leaving cruft in the structures this early in
the 2.0 cycle, though.  I suggest that we leave this bump in there for
now, and if other changes come about that also could take advantage of an
MMN bump, we won't feel too bad about it.  If we get to release time and
this was the only change, we can consider sticking in a dummy var as a
*temporary* measure at that time.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com