httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: dbm rewritemaps
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 07:03:46 GMT
On Sun, 5 May 2002, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> > I propose to change that as follows: dbm will mean "default", but the user
> > can specify "db:", "gdbm:", or "sdbm:" instead of "dbm:" to get a specific
> > flavor.
>
> +1.  (In addition, "default" should be allowed too.)  -- justin

So you want:

RewriteMap mydbm default:/path/to/dbm

???  That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  The map type needs to
indicate that it's a dbm somehow.  I was saying that "dbm" should get
translated into "default" by mod_rewrite, meaning that the following:

RewriteMap mydbm dbm:/path/to/dbm

would be the default DBM type, as opposed to:

RewriteMap mydbm sdbm:/path/to/dbm
RewriteMap mydbm gdbm:/path/to/dbm
RewriteMap mydbm db:/path/to/dbm

which would be one of the specific types.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA