httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: if-modified-since field in request not handled correctly
Date Fri, 03 May 2002 03:37:08 GMT
On Thu, 2 May 2002, Cliff Woolley wrote:

> Which *looks* okay.  My best guess is that, since we're comparing
> apr_time_t's, maybe mtime includes some number of microseconds and thus is
> greater than the ims for the same second.  Does that sound reasonable?  If
> so, I guess we need to divide ims, mtime, and r->request_time by
> APR_USEC_PER_SEC before comparison.

Upon further investigation, this definitely seems a likely possibility on
Win32.  On Unix, the mtime will always have zero usecs (because it starts
out as a time_t and gets multiplied by APR_USEC_PER_SEC.  On Win32,
however, mtime comes in from the OS as a FILETIME, which could potentially
include a nonzero number of usecs.  Boom.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA