httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject RE: ab.c versionining was Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/support ab.c
Date Wed, 01 May 2002 15:39:04 GMT
On Wed, 1 May 2002, Sander Striker wrote:

> Although the version number may not help in being able to compare results,
> it does help to track down what the state of the sourcetree was when this
> ab was compiled.  So, +1 on the disclaimer, -0 on removing all signs of
> a version number.

Agreed.  Same votes from me.  And I already voted +1 to keeping it in the
tree, -0 to removing it.

Personally I just don't see what the big deal is.  People like having ab
in the tree as it's an easy way to compare the results of certain
configuration tradeoffs.  We should not force those people to go download
some other tool just because of a stupid version numbering disagreement.
Stick a big fat message on there saying as suggested, and leave it at
that.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com