httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Apache History Project - Call for comments
Date Wed, 15 May 2002 13:25:02 GMT
On Wed, 15 May 2002, Ben Hyde wrote:

> Thomas Eibner wrote:
>  > One volunteer has already come forward to help us gather data and we've
>  > compiled some statistics from this mailinglist showing how many posts
>  > each person has made since '95:
>  >
>  > Total Posts on dev@httpd.apache.org: 87510
>  >
>  >   1: ...
>
> I have very strong objections to nieve attempts to reduce the
> contributions made by various individuals into 'objective' scores and
> 'leader boards'.

That was certainly not the point at all. No such reduction is possible,
or even remotely desired. It was an interesting statistic, and nothing
more. If people object to it, we can drop it, as it is *not* one of the
important parts of the project at all. More than anything, it was posted
here in order to get peoples' attention, as it did, and very little
else.

Please read the first part of the message - the proposed project roadmap
- as that is the part that actually matters. Mailing list statistics are
not mentioned in there at all, you will notice. We're most interested in
a release history, what things went into each release, and important
philosophical discussions that happened along the way.

--
Who can say where the road goes
Where the day flows