httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dale Ghent <da...@elemental.org>
Subject Odd URL (mis)behavior in 2.0
Date Fri, 17 May 2002 20:06:54 GMT

I think what I'm about to describe counts as a regression in 2.0 from
1.3.x.

I have a user who uses and odd URL scheme on his website. He has a PHP
script, "/d.php" that is referenced in following manner: "/d.php/foo.html"
where the "/foo.html" bit is passwd tothe d.v php script and the PHP
script generates dynamic content based on that argument.

On 1.3.x, this works fine. All the propper headers and content are
returned by the server to the client.

But in Apache 2.0 (running the same versoin of PHP - 4.2.1) a 404 status
is returned and the Content-Type header has "application/x-httpd-php"
rather than "text/html." Of course, the browser then asks whether you'd
like to download the output or not because of the mime type.

ISTR that there was some fix put into the tree a long time ago for CGI
scripts that are called in this same manner, but for the life of me, I
can't figure out why this is failing on 2.0 with a PHP script called this
way.

Any thoughts?

/dale