httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-site/xdocs/stylesheets project.xml
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 21:06:40 GMT

On Thu, 23 May 2002, Cliff Woolley wrote:

> On Thu, 23 May 2002, Joshua Slive wrote:
>
> > I can't replicate that.  What is the IP address of your client?
> > Perhaps it doesn't have reverse DNS?  I'm not sure how the
> > script would handle that.
>
> That's true, it doesn't.  Well, at least not from outside our department.
> Friggin bureaucratic DNS admins.  :-p
>
> 128.143.69.223

Hmmm... Well, short of rewriting the script to use
http://maxmind.com/geoip/
(which would be a nice little perl project if anyone wants to
do it), I don't see any way to solve that.

> > In any case, I have fixed it so you should get a proper link
> > to the full list of mirrors regardless of your domain.
>
> It's better I think but still a little screwy.  Now, if I click on full
> listing from the page that says this:

I believe you need to clear your cache (or shift-reload or whatever).  We
are sending an expires header which is probably causing the script with
the broken links to hang around.

Joshua.