httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Tahiry Ramanamampanoharana" <noment...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: mod_rewrite "improved"?
Date Fri, 03 May 2002 16:31:45 GMT
>So mod_include already does this, mod_rewrite should as well.  Right now
>mod_rewrite does a big if/elseif/elseif/.../ set of strcmps.  If it just
>did a hash table lookup instead, we'd be set!
>
>--Cliff

I left the if/elseif/elseif/.../ set of strcmps in the version of
mod_rewrite.c that I sent. I didn't want to modify it too much for the
differences to be seen.

One thing though, in my version of mod_rewrite.h, I wrote this macro to
retrieve the optional function:

#define RETRIEVE_REWRITEMAP_OPTFN(name) \
(APR_OPTIONAL_FN_TYPE(RewriteMap_OPTFN)*)apr_retrieve_optional_fn(name)

APR_DECLARE_OPTIONAL_FN(char *,RewriteMap_OPTFN,(request_rec *, char *));

I don't know if this is the only way to do it. I am not suppose to use
apr_retrieve_optional_fn() directly but I think I have no choice (I have to
know how to cast the optional function to use it). Is there a more elegant
way to do this?

Tahiry