httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: httpd-2.0 STATUS
Date Thu, 30 May 2002 17:18:15 GMT
At 12:02 PM 5/30/2002, you wrote:
>i see value the old modules/ssl/README.  it has been very handy in the
>past, and i would expect it to be for anybody coming from mod_ssl 1.3
>based sources to contribute to 2.0 or even just being brand new to the 2.0
>source.  now they have lost the source roadmap, summary of major changes,
>incompatibilities, etc.  todo items being in modules/ssl or in the
>top-level STATUS, i don't really care.  but why blow away the rest of the
>useful info that was in there?

The TODO list has moved to STATUS so that's good.

Based on feedback, I'll create a top-level LAYOUT describing the directory
trees within the httpd-2.0 layout, and fill in the SSL items from the old
README.
This allows any developers to grasp any part of the server [including mod_ssl]
without jumping between different files and different conventions for each of
the server's components.

Perhaps we could resurrect the porting history [although I believe it's
horribly
incomplete] as modules/ssl/HISTORY?  OTOH, those parts that are correct
aught to have been committed to CHANGES if they were not in the first place.

What I -don't- want is to continue special-casing modules where each has
their own conventions for additional developer documentation and files.
This will continue to be an issue when modules like proxy jump from their
own sub-projects for development into the httpd-2.0/modules repository
for general inclusion in the server.

Bill