httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Tagging 2.0.37
Date Fri, 24 May 2002 15:39:54 GMT
I presume the -k patch... since

   apache -k start -n apache2

dumps the usage message.  Forget about a Monday tag, folks.
Late in the week, perhaps?

There are four other boffo bugs I'd like to have a chance to look at before
inflicting .37 on the world:

1. Fix apr_file_read() so that we don't crash on the first read in rotatelogs.
    Win32's implementation appears to have been borked in overeagerness
    to work around unusual read cases - we can't handle the simple ones.

2. Fix WinNT MPM to use apr_thread_create/apr_proc_create.  The former
    is a simple fix, the later is required for folks who install Apache to
a non-
    ASCII file path or who pass non-ASCII arguments on the command line.
    It's the last I18N hassle in Apache2.  Essentially, I'm getting sick of us
    not eating our own dogfood ... those MS munchies may taste better, but
    where does it leave us?

3. Fix thread setup/teardown on winnt mpm.  We are using non-threadsafe
    threadcount incr/dec operations.  I've seen it deadlock with six 'running
    threads' when no threads were left, and while it might be a quirk, we
really
    need to address it.

4. Cruft in apr-util that exports undecorated names from apr_strmatch.

Bill