httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: libhttpd.dsp use of xcopy /y breaks compile on NT 4.0
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 21:31:44 GMT
At 12:11 PM 5/23/2002, you wrote:
>Here is the commit message for using xcopy:
>
>"Tired of 'foo.h not found' messages in the build.  Checked ms's docs,
>  seems xcopy's /y arg goes all the way back to Win95.  This shouldn't
>  introduce any hassles."

I know... but Win95 was after NT 4.0's cmd processor.  [Yes they succeeded
in substantially creating NT 4.0 before introducing the sad 9x series, wasting
millions of development hours on a now-dead OS line.]

The patch to foo around with COPYCMD [which does/doesn't work on 9x?
I have to check...] really looks like overkill. Bill; I can't find a
bootable NT4.0
partition at the moment, could you email me just the output of

copy /? > help
xcopy /? >> help

so I can review?  [If they are sent to stderr, use 2> instead of >]

Thx,

Bill