httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: dist/httpd/
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 02:06:06 GMT
At 04:52 PM 5/22/2002, you wrote:
>On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 02:22:03PM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> > >- Rename httpd-2.0.36-win32.zip to httpd-2.0.36-source_only-win32.zip
> >
> > Allow me to make some changes first.
>
>Um. How is httpd-2.0.36-win32.zip different from the .tar.gz ? In other
>words, if we're talking about source distributions, then why isn't it simply
>httpd-2.0.36.zip ?

It contains the Win32 .mak files and awk-generated .rc files, and is in
text cr/lf
format.  Ergo I've renamed it more properly -win32-build.  In fact,
ignoring the
.mak/.rc issues, and transposing lf endings for crlf text files, it can be
built on Unix.

Netware, who has all these packed up build files to untangle, might also
benefit
from a -netware-build.zip version.  The point being, these are alternative
builds
(such as, perhaps, a -darwin-build.tar.gz version.)

And Josh and I are suggesting we add -src to the end of every package name
in the source distro directory.

Bill