httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: dist/httpd/
Date Wed, 22 May 2002 19:22:03 GMT
At 01:00 PM 5/22/2002, Joshua Slive wrote:
>Anyone mind if I make the following changes:
>
>- Make subdirectories for flood and apreq and move releases there.

Sounds Cool.

>- Rename httpd-2.0.36-win32.zip to httpd-2.0.36-source_only-win32.zip

Allow me to make some changes first.

>There seems to be a ton of people downloading the win32.zip, and I imagine
>the majority of them are just confusing themselves.

I've seen far fewer complaints since .36 when I rewrote the first few sentences
about what the downloads are.

"Download precompiled binaries/ for your platform, or download the source:"

where "precompiled binaries/" is an href to binaries/ ... can still be
better worded.