httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: 2.0.36 .zip files WAS, RE: 2.0.36 release
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 05:13:22 GMT
At 01:40 PM 5/6/2002, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Is there any special voodoo to be performed to create the apache release
>zip files?

The nastiest.  Need to build all, then export make files (so that all
dependent files
exist when creating dependencies) ... and pack up .mak, .dep, and .rc (awk
version
resource stubs) along with cr/lf'ed files.

Really requires VC5 or 6.  I started some of that jazz in my win_compiling.html
file, and had started a file on how-to-roll-the-win32 zip files.  I'll try
to wrap that up.

ITMT, I'll put together this .zip in a bit and try rolling a 2.0.36 binary
for release.
No later than tommorow morning.

>Could we document this somewhere?

I'll try to recall where I left things and pick them back up where I left off.