httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <>
Subject httpd 2.0.37-dev is live on daedalus
Date Tue, 28 May 2002 15:05:25 GMT
...since Saturday, 25-May-2002 18:46:07 PDT.  This is HEAD from around 11 AM
Friday.  There were two specific problems I was hoping we'd solve:

* the intermittent sendfile_it_all asserts when the file shrinks in the middle
of a request, and
* the bogus 416's (bad Range:)

It's too early to tell if the first problem is gone forever.

There are lots of 416's in the logs this morning, more than I remember seeing

[gregames@daedalus httpd-2.0.37dev]$ grep " 416 " /logs/www/weblog | wc -l

...but the vast majority of them are Win98 browsers trying to download zip files
from dist/httpd.

[gregames@daedalus gregames]$ grep " 416 " /logs/www/weblog | grep
"dist/httpd.*zip.*Windows 98" | wc -l

Any ideas why these might be problematic today?  I don't remember seeing such a
lopsided proportion of Win98 416's before.

View raw message