httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pane <brian.p...@cnet.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 19:51:22 GMT
jwoolley@apache.org wrote:

>  +    * 37 status: Cliff proposes that 2.0.37 be tagged on Saturday, May 25,
>  +      with the aim of releasing by Friday, May 31, and volunteers to RM.

I don't think we're ready.  The worker MPM deadlocks under load, and
as far as I know there's no patch yet that fully solves the problem.
Leader/follower might be a reasonable alternative if we can't get
worker fixed, but I'd want to see positive test reports from people
running platforms other than Solaris before proposing widespread use
of L/F.

--Brian