httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Is Apache Proxy Half-Duplex?
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 14:24:45 GMT
"William A. Rowe, Jr." wrote:

> >Half duplex in the sense that a reply follows a request. ie a reply does
> >not get sent during a request.
>
> Cannot, Should not, or generally Does not?
>
> POST accept modules might certainly echo...
>
> Headers:...
>
> Banners of the the next page
> Accepting Input ... [long pause]
> Processing Results ... [long pause]
>
> With the caviats that you can't begin a response body if you potentially
> expect to error out on the results, and there are no promises that this will
> ever be rendered, but that's not the point.  If you can find in the HTTP spec
> where this is disallowed, please point me at it!

Ok, then I've misunderstood this.

The bottom line is that we must be able to read a request and read a
reply simultaneously using filters. Is this possible?

One point where we need this is in the CONNECT proxy, which needs to
read bytes from both the foreign server and client simultaneously.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street