httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Tacio A.G. Santos" <san...@fokus.gmd.de>
Subject httpd-2.0.36 - mod_cache problems
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 11:49:16 GMT
Hi,
   I'm trying to configure mod_cache+mod_proxy, but mod_cache is not
working properly. One thing i found strange is that if you look in the
cache directory we have the following strange file permissions:

-rw-------    1 webu     webg         2326 May 22 16:41 wkL1JcPol1pQ.data
----------    1 webu     webg          355 May 22 16:41
wkL1JcPol1pQ.header

If we manually changed it (chmod 600 *) the file is served from disk
(cache) otherwise apache gets it again from the originating server.
Another problem is that even if it gets from the cache it somehow
changes the Content-Type header to text/plain so the browser shows the
html source file instead of rendering the page.

This test was also performed using the latest (actually yesterday
version) httpd2 cvs version.

I've started attaching a debugger and digging into the code but i do
need some help. Could someone point me where can i get more info about
mod_cache?
Have i overlooked some simple thing? Does anybody have a suggestion
what else should i try?

Thanks in advance,

Tacio

PS: I configure it with:
./configure  --prefix=/home2/apps/web/apache2 --enable-proxy=shared \
    --enable-proxy-connect=shared  --enable-proxy-ftp=shared \
    --enable-proxy-http=shared --enable-cache=shared
--enable-disk-cache=shared \
    --enable-mem-cache=shared  2>&1> log_configure.txt

In my httpd.conf i have:

<IfModule mod_proxy.c>
ProxyRequests On
<Proxy *>
     Order deny,allow
     Deny from all
     Allow from .fokus.gmd.de sitak localhost localhost.ailab.fokus.gmd.de
</Proxy>
ProxyVia On
<IfModule mod_cache.c>
    CacheOn On