httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pane <brian.p...@cnet.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/conf httpd-std.conf.in
Date Fri, 17 May 2002 17:35:19 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:

>On 17 May 2002 brianp@apache.org wrote:
>

>>brianp      02/05/16 18:43:52
>>
>>  Modified:    docs/conf httpd-std.conf.in
>>  Log:
>>  Added EnableMMAP (commented out) to the standard config
>>

>Is this a directive that pretty much everyone using apache needs to know
>about?

Yes, especially considering the NFS segfault issues.

>  My guess is no, and if that is the case, it really doesn't need to
>be in the default config file.  Even if it does need to be in there, it
>could use a significantly briefer description.  Instead, you could
>consider documenting it further in the performance-notes in the manual.

+0 for using a shorter description (we could replace some details with
   a "please read the manual" warning, like what we do with ServerRoot)

+1 for adding it to the performance notes also.  This is one of the many
   2.0 changes that need to be included in the performance notes.  Is there
   any plan to replace that document entirely, or is it safe to do
incremental
   edits to it?

--Brian