httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PR 8482: server push CGIs broken
Date Tue, 14 May 2002 18:46:29 GMT
Jeff Trawick wrote:

> The PR was written for nph CGIs but it appears that any server push
> CGI is broken.
>
> Apparently, core_output_filter() would need to switch between
> non-blocking and blocking bucket reads (and flush the output
> in-between) to get this to work.
>
> For non-nph server push CGIs to work, other filters which buffer data
> may need something similar...

ouch...  If this works in 1.3, we probably should fix it.

Is this even limited to CGIs?  I would hope such a CGI could be ported to the
Apache module API without loosing functionality.

I vaguely recall a discussion about supporting a module/CGI which sends an
initial message to the client before doing a slow database query, perhaps when
filters were being designed.  Obviously such a thing won't work as desired now.

Greg