httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pane <bp...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server request.c
Date Sun, 12 May 2002 06:20:43 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> My gut instinct?  You break something here.
>
> ap_location_walk, IIRC, sets up the default_conf.  Which means the
> default_conf may not be brought in - given the case you've optimized
> for here.  I might be mistaken, and don't have the energy to research
> this early morning, but I thought I better point it out sooner.

We should be okay...the default values set by prep_walk_cache()
are stored with key AP_NOTE_LOCATION_WALK, which is only ever
accessed in location_walk itself.  So if one call to location_walk
skips the prep_walk_cache() call but the next call can't skip it,
the second call will invoke prep_walk_cache() and initialize the
defaults.

--Brian