httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Lamb <sl...@slamb.org>
Subject Re: Fixing BrowserMatch: multi-string search algorithms?
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 00:24:47 GMT
Scott Lamb wrote:
> I suggest creating a new regular expression which is each of the ones in
> the list separated by '|'. It will use regular expression alternatives
> to match multiple patterns with a single state machine. And add almost
> no code.

Oops, I forgot to mention that I think this is possible only where you
are doing the same thing with each match. I.e., these three in the
standard config could be combined in this way:

     BrowserMatch "RealPlayer 4\.0" force-response-1.0
     BrowserMatch "Java/1\.0" force-response-1.0
     BrowserMatch "JDK/1\.0" force-response-1.0

but not with anything that does something other than just
force-response-1.0.

--
Scott Lamb