httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Stripping Content-Length headers
Date Sun, 05 May 2002 21:08:16 GMT
Ryan Bloom wrote:

> To the best of my knowledge, Doug actually fixed this problem after the
> 2.0.35 release.  We should keep the C-L unless we are modifying the
> content.  To throw away the C-L means that we are removing information
> that can be used to help determine if the content has changed.

(Woops, I said I was going to shut up.)

As far as I can tell, the C-L is still trashed.  Doug just removed a
"flush".  See
        /* In order for ap_set_keepalive to work properly, we can NOT
         * have any length information stored in the output headers.
         */
        apr_table_unset(r->headers_out,"Transfer-Encoding");
        apr_table_unset(r->headers_out,"Content-Length");

in ap_proxy_http_process_response in proxy_http.c.

Joshua.