httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jerry Baker <jerryba...@weirdness.com>
Subject Re: Final bump and roll of 2.0.36
Date Wed, 01 May 2002 23:15:27 GMT
Sander Striker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've done the final bump. Files marked with a [T] have made it to the
> roll.  Files marked with [-] haven't.  I have included the logs of the
> changes for your convenience. Lines marked RM: are lines with my commentary.
>
> Tarballs are available at:
>   httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/
>
> I haven't had the time to create zipfiles yet, sorry.
>
> Please test and vote accordingly ;)
>
> Sander

I assume that pulling the APACHE_2_0_36 tag gets me the same things
as the aforementioned tarballs? If so, built and ran on Windows XP ok.

PS - There is some trouble with a couple of the awk actions on
Windows XP at least. The following lines from makefile.win
result in a crash:

awk -f <<script.awk < "srclib\openssl\LICENSE" >> "$(INSTDIR)\LICENSE.txt"
awk -f <<script.awk "docs\conf\httpd-win.conf" "$(INSTDIR)\conf\httpd.default.conf"
"$(INSTDIR)"
awk -f <<script.awk "support\dbmmanage.in" >"$(INSTDIR)\bin\dbmmanage.pl"

Each one of these lines causes the following error:

"The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction. CS:0596 IP:001d
OP: ff ff ff ff ff Chose 'Close' to terminate the application."

Don't worry too much. This has been going on for quite some time.

--
Jerry Baker