httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Discarding bodies multiple times
Date Fri, 31 May 2002 23:40:10 GMT
On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 02:21:52PM -0700, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> Without this fix, the entire test suite fails, because the HTTP_IN
> filter is sending requests with 0 Content-Length to the
> CORE_INPUT_FILTER to read the body.  This means that every request times
> out after some timeout.  It has nothing to do with Jeff's problem,
> because EVERY test was taking forever.  I did run the test-suite, so if
> this breaks anything, there is no test for it.

Well, it's any request where ap_discard_request_body() is called
more than once.  In the case of apache/404.t, default_handler calls
ap_discard_request_body() and then ap_die() calls it too.

I'm not terribly sure if this sequence is valid.  Why is
default_handler discarding the body if it can't handle the
request?  Shouldn't we only discard the body right before we
send the response?

Or, we could add an eos_gotten to request_rec to indiciate
that the input filters have received EOS so that
discard_request_body won't be re-entrant.  I dunno.  -- justin