httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/http http_protocol.c
Date Fri, 31 May 2002 00:35:38 GMT
On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 05:29:26PM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> Per my earlier message, I believe this is the wrong way to do this.
>
> If we get a neg chunk length, we shouldn't *ever* get back into
> ap_http_filter (HTTP_IN).  The whole point of the 413 error is
> that we refuse to read the request.  -- justin

Yeah, I agree that we need to fix how we deal with fatal errors
like this, but we still shouldn't leave bogus values lying around
in things like r->remaining. I'm only trying to fix the assert,
and I agree that this doesn't fix the problem you're describing.

I'm testing the conditional you posted right now, but if it works
for you then commit it. :)

-aaron