httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS
Date Tue, 28 May 2002 21:37:18 GMT
On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 02:29:15PM -0700, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> Don't try to return the error.  This is why we created the error_bucket
> type in Apache.
>
> The idea is that when a filter encounters an error, it creates an
> error_bucket and passes it down the filter stack.  When the HTTP_HEADER
> filter sees the error_bucket, it just does the right thing.

This is from an input filter - is this the right thing?  The bucket
would get passed "up" the filter stack back to ap_get_client_block.
Or, do you mean that the input filter passes it to r->output_filters?

What should the input filter return so that processing is aborted
without another error being returned to the client?  -- justin