httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: don't try this at home
Date Tue, 28 May 2002 18:51:35 GMT
On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 10:37:51AM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> I'll take a pass at figuring out how to return this.  -- justin

It's trivial to detect this case - ctx->remaining is < 0.  But,
it is actually way harder than it should be because we call
ap_discard_body on the error handling path via ap_die().  That
means we become re-entrant to HTTP_IN.  Uh-oh.

If we were to remove HTTP_IN, when ap_discard_body() is called,
the core input filters will then block waiting for 8k of data to
be read - which is bogus as well.

So, what's the best way for an input filter to kill the request
and return an error page?  ISTR some discussion about the fact
that there is a difference between filter return codes and HTTP
error codes.

Thoughts?  Off to lunch while I ponder this some more.  -- justin