httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Webmaster33" <webmaste...@freemail.hu>
Subject Re: [suggestion] ShebangAlias directive - to keep to make CGI scripts more portable
Date Mon, 27 May 2002 14:36:14 GMT
Yep, I know about the ScriptInterpreterSource directive.

You may know, there are many problems for newbie users,
who usually don't know how to solve to have their Perl scripts
being portable, executabe also on Unix & Windows boxes,
without the need of altering the shebang line.

The suggested ShebangAlias directive, would mean an
easy-to-understand solution for newbie users.
Also webmasters & support persons would be glad,
because they would be able to easily point to this directive
instead to explain, how to use the ScriptInterpreterSource
directive & registering the correspondent appropiate
extensions.

I hope developers will like the idea, and if there is no such
development under way, will implement the suggested feature
into one of future Apache 2.x versions.

Thanks,
Webmaster33

*********** END REPLIED MESSAGE  ***********