httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Zvi Har'El" ...@math.technion.ac.il>
Subject Is Apache Proxy Half-Duplex?
Date Wed, 22 May 2002 15:09:27 GMT
Hello,

Experimenting with an Apache Proxy,  I noticed that in version 1.3 (the latest
cvs snapshot) it behaves in a half-duplex fashion. That is, it doesn't read the
backend server response until it have finished transmitting the client's
request body. This is pretty annoying, mainly if the request involves a very
large post (file upload), and the backend sever response, after the headers,
says "Please wait patiently...". I wonder: are there any intentions to change
this? It seems that full-duplex operation requires two threads per proxy, which
is not how the Apache proxy server works. Is the situation different, or going
to be different, in Apache 2? Just for reference, the Squid proxy doesn't
suffer from this deficiency.

Thanks for you attention,

Zvi.

--
Dr. Zvi Har'El     mailto:rl@math.technion.ac.il     Department of Mathematics
tel:+972-54-227607                   Technion - Israel Institute of Technology