httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: Deamon tools
Date Mon, 13 May 2002 22:39:22 GMT
> Note that I'm not sure if httpd 2.0 is this robust in handling
> setsid(2), so if we're spending the time on this and it's considered
> important for 1.3, someone should probably spend some time on making
> 2.0 as robust.

I improved the error detecting in 2.0 when originally adding Jos' patch
there, and apr_proc_detach returns an error if setsid() or setpgrp()
fails internally, but the error message may still be lacking (I wasn't
sure if we wanted to assume that a failed apr_proc_detach() was because
of a -DNO_DETACH+no-daemontools situation or not).

-aaron