httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: Question about input filters and request bodies
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 20:26:54 GMT
> > Is there a better way to deal with this? Shouldn't the most prevalent mode
> > of an input filter be something as simple as AP_MODE_GIVE_ME_A_BUCKET?
>
> That would be a nice mode. An alternative is to peek, find nothing, then
> block on getting *some* input.

That just sounds like the same thing with a blocking or non-blocking*
flag. To be honest, I don't see how any input filters would need anything
except one bucket at a time. If the filter doesn't need it, it passes
it downstream, otherwise it chugs and spits out other buckets. What else
is there?

* Note: non-blocking mode is really only useful if there is a way to
multiplex the I/O from multiple filter chains, and we don't have that.

-aaron