httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Question about input filters and request bodies
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 20:09:06 GMT
I have a module that needs to suck in the request body. I'm trying to
use ap_get_brigade to do this, as this seems most natural (as opposed
to the ap_*_client_block() family). The semantic that I'm looking for
is something simple like this: "retrieve all the buckets that represent
a request body". I would expect there to be a way to determine if an
input body was not present, without causing the server to block on the
socket waiting for input. As it is I see no simple way to do this. The
only parallel I see is much more complicated (call ap_get_brigade with
the AP_MODE_READBYTES mode, forcing buckets in to n-sized chunks even
if that is not an optimal form, stopping when an EOS comes across (?) ).

Is there a better way to deal with this? Shouldn't the most prevalent mode
of an input filter be something as simple as AP_MODE_GIVE_ME_A_BUCKET?

-aaron