httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server/mpm/worker worker.c
Date Wed, 01 May 2002 19:42:43 GMT
On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 12:22:13PM -0700, Aaron Bannert wrote:
> I did not post this so that you could commit it before I thought it had
> been properly reviewed. On top of that you modified my original patch
> in a way that you knew I would disagree with. Please do not do that again.

Sorry.  My sincere apologies.  My thought was that you were
intending to commit it once it had proper review (we had three +1s
for it).  What we had before segfaulted, so I felt that it was best
to stop segfaulting.  Again, I was wrong - sorry...

And, consider my position on your calloc change in this patch as a
veto.  If you want to remove calloc, then you should do so throughout
the code rather than in sporadic places that may make maintaining the
code a nightmare if we were to fix calloc.  But, that is an issue
that is now open in APR's STATUS.

If the end result of the calloc vote is that we should remove calloc,
then feel free to do a search and replace across the entire tree.
Until then, let's please remain consistent to our API.  -- justin