httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ab.c versionining was Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/support ab.c
Date Wed, 01 May 2002 15:58:57 GMT
On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 05:54:49PM +0200, dirkx@covalent.net wrote:
> Would it be that we need to put that APR version also in places like Error
> Log or on the -V command line ? As to help people file more meaning ful
> bug reports ?

At this point, I don't think so because httpd-2.0 will only work with
specific versions of APR that must be in-tree.  Remember that people
can only legitimately file bug reports off released versions.  People
may file against HEAD, but if they do, their bug reports are usually
of higher quality so that APR's version isn't an issue.

Once we're able to build httpd with an APR that is out-of-tree, I
think this is probably something we might want to do.  But, that is
a LONG ways away due to our build system.  -- justin