httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryan Bloom" <...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/http http_protocol.c
Date Fri, 31 May 2002 21:21:52 GMT
> From: Justin Erenkrantz [mailto:jerenkrantz@apache.org]
>
> On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 08:41:06PM -0000, rbb@apache.org wrote:
> > rbb         2002/05/31 13:41:06
> >
> >   Modified:    modules/http http_protocol.c
> >   Log:
> >   If the request doesn't have a body, then don't try to read it.
> Without
> >   this, the httpd-test suite was taking five minutes for EVERY test.
>
> This breaks chunk trailers.  Please revert.
>
> What is the exact problem you are seeing?  httpd-test was working
> fine for me.  But, I will revert this locally and see if I can
> reproduce this.  This may have been related to Jeff's autoindex
> problem.  -- Justin

Without this fix, the entire test suite fails, because the HTTP_IN
filter is sending requests with 0 Content-Length to the
CORE_INPUT_FILTER to read the body.  This means that every request times
out after some timeout.  It has nothing to do with Jeff's problem,
because EVERY test was taking forever.  I did run the test-suite, so if
this breaks anything, there is no test for it.

Ryan