httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Vinod Panicker" <vi...@mundu.com>
Subject RE: Client socket
Date Thu, 30 May 2002 09:30:21 GMT
I feel like kicking myself!  Forgot all that I had learnt abt sockets!

What I actually wanted was the ability to use the socket from another
process.  I obviously cant do that in this case since the socket that
has been opened is local to the process (DUH!)

Now I want to pass this socket to another application, which can write
to it when required.  I'm sitting with stevens right now, hunting for
ways in which I can pass open file descriptors to another process :)

Any help would be welcome.

I don't require the input filters, since I want to write to the socket
of a keep-alive connection later.  Was just wondering if I can do it in
a simple way, or I'll have to use libnet to do it

Tx,
Vinod.

Vinod Panicker <vinod@geodesiconline.com>
Sr. Software Designer