httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryan Bloom" <...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: ab.c versionining was Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/support ab.c
Date Wed, 01 May 2002 16:04:07 GMT
> From: Justin Erenkrantz [mailto:jerenkrantz@apache.org]
>
> On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 05:54:49PM +0200, dirkx@covalent.net wrote:
> > Would it be that we need to put that APR version also in places like
> Error
> > Log or on the -V command line ? As to help people file more meaning
ful
> > bug reports ?
>
> At this point, I don't think so because httpd-2.0 will only work with
> specific versions of APR that must be in-tree.  Remember that people
> can only legitimately file bug reports off released versions.  People
> may file against HEAD, but if they do, their bug reports are usually
> of higher quality so that APR's version isn't an issue.

Where did people get the idea that bugs are only valid if filed off of a
released version of the tree?  Bugs are bugs, and they are valid
regardless of which version they were filed against.  In fact, I would
rather deal with bugs filed against HEAD or a CVS checkout, because it
is more likely that the bug will be fixed before a release.

Ryan