httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: segfault in core_output_filter
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2002 12:30:31 GMT
Ryan Morgan <rmorgan@covalent.net> writes:

> I just ran across a segfault in the core_output_filter by passing it
> an empty brigade.  it looks like last_e gets initialized to NULL, but
> then we later do !APR_BUCKET_IS_FLUSH(last_e) which causes the blowup.
>
> I guess an empty brigade should indicate we have a module somewhere that
> isn't behaving, but do we want the server to segfault?

Is this so prevalent a problem in third-party modules that we need to
protect ourself from PRs?  If not, I'd prefer a segfault.

Or how about

  AP_DEBUG_ASSERT(!empty())

in ap_pass_brigade()?

If you don't blow up and generate a core then it is likely that the
proper information won't be available for the module author to fix
their code.

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...